See it, love it, share it — Make your products “Instagram-worthy”
Millennials don’t just love social media; they’ve embedded it into every aspect of their lives. And when it comes to dining, there are few things more predictable about both mature and younger Millennials than their almost-automatic tendency to photograph, post and share what they’re eating.
Sensient Primary Research shows that more than 80% of Millennials (ages 18-36) have an Instagram account, which can have a huge impact on the awareness of your brand if shared among this coveted audience.
But for that to happen, whatever’s on the plate or in the glass must be memorable for it to be “Instagrammable.” How to raise the bar and get that online awareness?
- Promotes individuality. This generation thrives on being seen as unique, and they want that reflected in their food choices.
- Adventurous. They also want to be seen as risk takers, so unique sensations and savory flavors are things they seek — and share.
- Nostalgic. At the same time, they like to call out to their shared memories.
- Creates emotion. Who doesn’t like a pick-me-up or mood changer?
- Indulgent. Millennials are just like the rest of us when it comes to a little pampering.
- Sparks your senses. They also want to be the first to share something new, such as an entire sensory experience.
Give Millennial consumers something to (cyber) talk about. Make a statement with striking flavor profiles, eye-catching color and unique ingredients. You’ll be rewarded with positive viral marketing that puts your brand front and center with an intelligent, socially savvy and loyal group of consumers who are going to be driving trends and tastes for decades to come.
Source: Sensient Primary Research